Baldness has become the most common condition for men especially when they have emotional stress besides medications, hereditary, etc. All this requires special treatment to bring back the lost hair. But, for advanced stages of baldness where there are no technological advancements and research, there are few solutions like scalp Micro-Pigmentation in Chennai that can help you regain self-confidence back.
What is Scalp Micro-Pigmentation in Chennai?
Scalp Micro Pigmentation or SMP also known as micro tattooing. It is an advanced concealing technique that almost gives permanent results for patients with scalp visibility and donor area insufficiency. This artistic procedure uses natural, non-toxic inks to create a series of tiny dots over the scalp, especially, in between the hairs or the bald area, to give a look of tiny hairs.
The procedure is non-invasive with an affordable scalp micro pigmentation cost in Chennai. The results are realistic, immediate, and hassle-free. This method restores even a completely bald head to resemble like a full head of well-groomed hair. The scalp micro-pigmentation in Chennai is suitable for all hair loss, despite all ages, colors, and skin types.
Scalp micro pigmentation is the standard camouflage technique for reducing the contrast between the skin of the scalp and hair. The main purpose of scalp micro pigmentation is to cover up the scalp areas where the skin is prominently visible due to baldness, scarring, thinning hair, or any other form of alopecia so it can be used between the hair to give a dense appearance or on a bald area to create a shaven look.
This scalp micro-pigmentation in Chennai can be used under the following conditions:
- Androgenetic alopecia.
- Extensive Alopecia areata.
- Alopecia due to systemic disease or genetic problems.
- Scarring alopecia and scarring from the trauma, burns, and neurosurgical procedure.
- Bald patient with severe kidney or liver disease or other serious immunological problems.
- When the patient desires to restore facial hair without undergoing surgery.
- After cleft lip repair.
- To increase existing hair density and make it look fuller and coarser.
- Loss of beard hair due to trauma or burns.
- Long-standing alopecia areata that does not respond to any medical treatments.
- Scarring alopecia due to dissecting cellulitis, folliculitis decal vans, DLE, and other skin conditions.
- Sex conversion.
Before the Procedure
- After a detailed consultation along with scalp assessment, the dermatologist will decide if the procedure is indicated.
- Certain medications like aspirin, NSAIDs, vitamin E, etc. have to be stopped 10-14 days before the scalp micro-pigmentation in Chennai. It is always better to provide the details of your medical history to the skin specialist before undergoing the procedure.
- A session may take up to 3-4 hours, so it is better to book an appointment accordingly.
During the Procedure
The main procedure is done by a qualified dermatologist like Dr. Charanya from Soulskin Clinic. However, it is a minor and minimally invasive artistic procedure where a patient can remain stress-free.
- Preparation: Unlike hair transplant, SMP or scalp micro-pigmentation in Chennai is a minor procedure. Hair will be trimmed unless the patient refuses for aesthetic reasons. The doctor will take photographs to keep records for any future evaluation and the consent needs to be signed.
- Local Anesthesia: SMP is performed under local anesthesia where only a small quantity is given around the targeted area. Since it is a time-consuming procedure, extra anesthesia might need to be supplemented in between sessions.
- Scalp Tattooing: During the treatment procedure, a cartridge containing 1-3 needles working in symphony will gently be injected into the natural pigment very superficially into the skin. Pigment spacing will be determined by replicating the remaining natural hair follicles to create a natural look. Sometimes different shades of ink will also be used to give a soft and natural look to hairlines, temples, and sideburns.
- There is no bandaging after the procedure.
After the Procedure
- Mostly avoid bending the head.
- Wear a headband for at least 24 hours.
- The doctor may prescribe some antibiotics or painkillers.
- Apply antibiotic cream over the treated area for 2 days.
- Avoid washing the performed area for 48 hours.
- Retouch might be required after 1 month.
- Patient will have to dye his/her hair black on a continuous basis.