Pigmentation is a condition causing dark spots on the skin. There are various types of pigmentations. These include superficial pigmentation which can be caused by sun damage and mild sun tan, frictional pigmentation which is caused due to deep pigmentation, and constant rubbing which is difficult to treat like melasma, hyperpigmentation, deep sun tan, and more.
The normal color of the skin is a result of melanin, a pigment that is present in the body. Melanin disorders may lead to pigmentation on your skin making the occurrence of dark patches. There are multiple procedures to reduce pigmentation.
If you notice that you’re developing these spots, then you can choose the best pigmentation treatment in Chennai from a renowned skin clinic like the Soulskin Clinic as the expert dermatologist Dr. Charanya will help you with it by providing an advanced treatment.
Increased production of melanin can be due to certain internal and external factors. These factors should be closely monitored as they can lead to disorders of skin pigmentation
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Illness or disease
- Sun exposure
You will notice dark patches on specific areas or discoloration on the skin that may be brown or black in colour. Some of the symptoms include:
- Freckles – Tiny circular spots on exposed areas like the face, hand, etc.
- Melasma – Affects the deep layers of the skin and has usually irregular brown to grey patches on the nose, cheek, jawline, etc.
- Sunspots – Pigmentation spots with clearly defined edges.
- Post-inflammatory pigmentation – It occurs when the skin has injuries like bruises, burns, friction or harsh chemical treatments.
Also, ensure not to expose those patches to sunlight because these patches can grow darker which may require you to get the best treatment for pigmentation in Chennai from a skin clinic.
An experienced dermatologist can aid in diagnosing accurately and recommends to best treatment plan to treat the specific type of pigmentation. The best pigmentation treatment in Chennai usually starts with a visible examination, a derma scan analysis, or a biopsy of the dark patch. Also, the dermatologist will review your medical and family history and conduct further examinations on the skin to ascertain the factors responsible for pigmentation.
After that, he/she will often suggest topical medication or advanced dermatological procedures like chemical peels, laser treatment for pigmentation in Chennai, and much more comprehensive treatments depending on the specific type of pigmentation.
There are various methods that are used to treat the dark patches on your skin at a reasonable laser treatment pigmentation cost in Chennai. Various pigmentation treatment options can also help with your condition.
- Antioxidant Tablets – Melasma or skin pigmentation is caused by oxidation. This is why, in some cases, dermatologists will prescribe antioxidant tablets during the best pigmentation treatment in Chennai to their patients.
- Oral Sunscreens – Direct exposure to the sun can be the main reason behind skin pigmentation. This is why sunscreen is used as the most effective method to fight it.
- Lightening Creams – It contains hydroquinone, N-acetylglucosamine, licorice extract, and vitamin B-3 to improve your skin tone and make the dark spots lighter.
- Topical Sunscreens – These are used for the best pigmentation treatment in Chennai as they have active ingredients to safeguard your skin from dangerous UV rays and can reduce existing dark spots as well.
- Retinoids – It is used as the most effective treatment for dark spots.
- Exfoliating Polishes – They have magnesium crystals to exfoliate the pigmentation on the affected areas of the skin effectively by making the skin lighter and more evenly toned.
- Chemical Peel – The chemical peel solution used for the best pigmentation treatment in Chennai helps in exfoliation of the dead skin cells and resurfaces the younger and healthier skin layer.
- Medi-Facials – They have the ability to improve skin health and quality by penetrating deep into the targeted areas.
- Micro-Needling – It is a minimally-invasive treatment procedure where your dermatologist will use very fine needles into the targeted areas on your skin for curing skin pigmentation.
- Mesotherapy – This procedure involves injectable agents to treat dark spots on the skin making the process painless and requiring no downtime.
- Laser Peel – The laser wavelengths are used to destroy the damaged skin cells and reduce the pigmentation.
- IPL Therapy – Intense Pulse Light (IPL) therapy is another laser treatment for pigmentation in Chennai to cure dark spots on the skin.
- Microdermabrasion – This requires using a medical device to remove the epidermis layer of the skin and is an effective method to remove the pigmented areas.
- Photodynamic Treatment – A photosensitizer is used on the targeted areas of the skin to improve sun-damaged skin and fine lines and also reduce pigmentation.
- LED Light Treatment – An LED light device is used for the best pigmentation treatment in Chennai to reduce sunburn and other types of inflammation and also it has a positive effect on the skin.
Before opting for treatment at a reasonable laser treatment pigmentation cost in Chennai, you must book a consultation at our Soulskin clinic. Our dermatologist Dr. Charanya will identify the root cause behind your pigmentation and determine the best treatment procedure required to ensure you get long-lasting results.