Pigmentation is a common condition in which certain areas of the skin have a darker appearance than the normal skin color. When pigmentation affects the other parts of the body, it is usually not harmful but it can also be a symptom of an underlying medical condition.
Most disorders of pigmentation can be due to excess deposits of melanin in the skin. When it affects the face, serious emotional disturbances occur and require pigmentation treatment in Chennai because it will affect one’s self-confidence and social interaction.
Common Types of Pigmentation Concern
Most pigmentation concerns result in discolored patches of skin that seem to appear darker than the surrounding areas, causing an uneven skin tone. Some of the common types of pigmentation include:
- Age Spots: These are known as sunspots and they are primarily on sun-exposed areas such as the face, shoulders, chest, and arms. A prompt pigmentation treatment in Chennai can be of great help because the appearance of age spots can be brown, tan, or black-colored due to the increased localized melanin production stimulated by aging-related degeneration.
- Freckles: These are tiny black or light brown irregular spots occurring on the face, especially around the cheeks, eyes, and nose in young to middle-aged adults. They might be familial and may also increase by extended UV exposure without sun protection.
- Melasma: Women develop large and irregular patches of dark skin, especially during pregnancy. It is visible on the forehead, nose, upper cheeks, lips, and stomach can persist for a prolonged time, and may also increase with sun exposure and tend to recur even after getting the best pigmentation treatment in Chennai. Occasionally, men may have this type of pigmentation too.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH): It appears as dark spots or patches after an inflammatory skin disturbance, such as eczema or acne. They usually appear on the neck and face but may occur in any body area.
- Macular Amyloidosis: This type of pigmentation requires pigmentation treatment in Chennai because it can appear anywhere on the body with greyish or dusty brown stains, especially on the arms, chest, and back. These dark patches with a rippled pattern appear because of the accumulation of amyloid or amyloid-like proteins in the dermis.
- Suntan: Hyperpigmentation may occur in the face, neck, and arms due to prolonged exposure to harmful sun rays. An advanced skin treatment is essential because acute skin damage may lead to sunburns or even skin cancer if left untreated.
Best Pigmentation Treatment in Chennai
It is possible to treat and reduce pigmentation using advanced scientifically-proven procedures to eliminate the skin’s melanin build-up effectively and safely and lighten the skin tone. The pigmentation treatment usually starts with the analysis of the affected area to understand the depth, type, and possible causes of pigmentation. Based on that, the dermatologist will customize a laser treatment for pigmentation in Chennai. Some of them include:
In this type of pigmentation treatment in Chennai, a dermatologist may recommend you follow sun protective measures along with skin-lightening products. It lightens the skin as well as fades the dark spots by helping to match the normal skin tone. Since this process is slow, advanced dermatological treatments are performed to achieve brighter, lighter, and improved pigmentation-free skin.
It is a physical exfoliation treatment procedure done with the help of a diamond or a crystal tip along with a vacuum that aids in removing damaged and dead skin cells. It is usually performed along with chemical peeling to treat dull and sun-damaged skin to achieve optimum results. This procedure provides radiant and refreshed skin by targeting certain skin issues like acne, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, etc.
Chemical peeling is considered to be the most effective pigmentation treatment in Chennai. In this method, a chemical peel solution is applied depending on the skin’s requirements. These chemicals remove the topmost layer of the skin gently and help improve cellular renewal and regeneration. Then dead skin cells are removed, and healthier cells restore the natural glow of the skin providing a refreshed and brighter look.
To reduce hyperpigmentation, two main types of lasers are used. They are the ablative and non-ablative lasers. The ablative laser uses intense light beams to remove skin layers and is suitable for people with fair skin. Non-ablative lasers aim at the dermis to improve skin elasticity besides causing collagen growth.
They are the best laser treatment for pigmentation in Chennai to break elements or pigments in the skin by regenerating new skin cells by giving more tightened and toned skin. It also removes pigmentation without scarring.
If you want to get the best pigmentation treatment in Chennai, you can consult with our qualified dermatologists at Soulskin Clinic because the expert dermatologists here aid you to restore a flawless complexion with a detailed assessment besides providing an advanced and effective treatment plan for you.
Read also Best Doctor in Chennai for Hair Fall.