A chemical peel is a restorative cosmetic procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. The solution used during chemical peel in Chennai peels away the damaged skin cells and allows healthy skin to grow in its place.
Usually, getting a comprehensive chemical peel treatment from the best dermatologist in Chennai like Dr. Charanya from Soul Skin Clinic helps you to overcome skin concerns such as wrinkles, acne, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin texture, etc.
You may be asked to take this treatment alone or combined with other cosmetic procedures depending on the severity of the skin disorders and types of peel you receive and also you may have to undergo the procedure more than once to get effective results.
The best dermatologist in Chennai for chemical peels can help you determine whether a light, medium, or deep chemical peel should be done depending on your skin type and the concerns you’re looking to treat.
- Light Chemical Peel – It only removes the epidermis, the topmost skin layer. In this procedure, mild chemical agents are used.
- Medium Chemical Peel – A medium chemical peel is a bit stronger than a light peel. This chemical peel in Chennai removes your epidermis along with the top layer of your dermis that lies beneath the epidermis.
- Deep Chemical Peel – This is used to remove your epidermis plus the upper and middle layer of your dermis. Here very strong chemicals are used along with local anesthesia to help prevent pain or discomfort.
Chemical peel in Chennai can improve many skin issues. It treats some of the common skin issues like:
- Acne scars.
- Aging skin – wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, roughness, uneven skin tone, dryness.
- Hyperpigmentation – melasma, freckles, uneven skin tone, scars due to injury, surgical scars, discoloration due to sun damage.
- Precancerous growths.
Before the Procedure
Before the procedure, the dermatologist will clean your face, protect your hair, and cover your eyes using ointment, tape, gauze, or goggles. Typically, pain relief is not needed for a light chemical peel in Chennai. If you have to undergo a medium peel, you might receive a sedative and painkiller. For a deep peel, you may need a sedative to numb the treatment area and fluids are delivered through a vein.
During the Procedure
Light Chemical Peel:
- Your dermatologist will use a brush, cotton ball, sponge, or gauze to apply a chemical solution containing glycolic acid or salicylic acid. The treated skin will start whitening.
- You will feel a mild stinging effect while the chemical solution is applied to your skin.
- Then a neutralizing solution or wash is applied to remove the chemical solution from the treated skin.
Medium Chemical Peel:
- A cotton-tipped applicator or gauze is used by the doctor to apply a chemical solution that contains trichloroacetic acid. Sometimes a combination with glycolic acid is used where the treated skin will start whitening.
- Then, cool compresses will be applied to soothe the treated area. No neutralizing solution is required here.
- There may be a stinging and burning effect for about 20 minutes.
Deep Chemical Peel:
- During this chemical peel in Chennai, intravenous (IV) fluids, and heart rate will be closely monitored.
- Your doctor will make use of a cotton-tipped applicator to apply carbolic acid to your skin where the treated skin will turn white or grey.
- To limit your exposure to phenol (carbolic acid), this procedure is performed in portions at about 15-minute intervals. A full-facial procedure will take about 90 minutes.
There are multiple benefits of getting a chemical peel in Chennai.
- Reduction in wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduction in age spots, pigmentation, and skin-tone evenness.
- Reduction in acne or acne scars.
- Rejuvenation of the skin.
- Lesser discomfort.
- Lesser recovery time.
- Completely safe with no side effects.
- Affordable chemical peeling cost in Chennai.
To summarize, chemical peel treatments make you simply recline and relax. A slight tingling sensation only will be felt due to the application of the peel solution. To determine which chemical peel is suitable for you, talk with our doctor – Dr. Charanya from Soul Skin Clinic, and get the best treatment at an affordable chemical peeling cost in Chennai.