As we grow older, our skin can become dull, saggy, and develop wrinkles and fine lines. If you want to address these issues, plasma skin regeneration treatments can be a good option. At Soul Skin Clinic, we offer excellent plasma skin regeneration treatment that can enhance your skin and give you a youthful appearance.
What is Plasma Skin Regeneration?
Plasma skin regeneration is a skin rejuvenation treatment that does not use lasers. Instead, a device delivers energy in the form of plasma to the skin to improve wrinkles, facial lines, and pigmentation caused by photoaging.
The Portrait® PSR device is the first FDA-approved plasma skin regeneration device used by our experts at Soulskin Clinic. By utilizing plasma energy, this device can perform skin resurfacing and regeneration.
Types of Plasma Skin Regeneration
There are two types of plasma skin regeneration treatment options that are performed at Soul Skin Clinic:
Plasma Surgical: Plasma surgical skin regeneration treatment is performed without passing any electric current through the patient’s tissue by using pure plasma energy. This treatment is given for purposes such as:
- Upper and lower eyebags (Blepharoplasty)
- Crows feet
- Smile lines
- Smokers and liplines
- Nasolabial folds (Cheek creases)
- Scar and stretch-marks improvement
- Acne treatment
- Photo-ageing (Sun damage)
- Skin regeneration
Plasma Shower: Acne can be effectively treated with this advanced technology that targets the root cause of the problem by attacking the bacteria. This treatment is given for:
- Sagging skin
- Scars and scar tissues
Benefits of Plasma Shower & Plasma Surgical Skin Regeneration Treatment
Plasma Shower and Plasma Surgical Skin Regeneration Treatment have several benefits, including:
- Non-Invasive: Both treatments are non-invasive and do not require any incisions or injections. This means that there is no risk of scarring or infection, and patients can resume their daily activities immediately after treatment.
- Safe: Plasma energy is used instead of heat or electricity, making these treatments safe for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Minimal Discomfort: Patients may experience mild discomfort during the procedure, but it is usually well-tolerated and can be managed with topical anesthetics.
- Effective: Both treatments have been proven to be effective in treating a wide range of skin conditions, including acne, fine lines and wrinkles, and pigmentation issues.
- Quick Results: Patients can see noticeable results after just one treatment, and multiple treatments can provide even more significant improvements.
- Long-Lasting Results: Plasma energy stimulates collagen production, which helps to improve skin texture and tone. The results can last for several months to years, depending on the individual and their skin condition.
Overall, Plasma Shower and Plasma Surgical Skin Regeneration Treatment are safe and effective options for individuals looking to improve their skin’s overall health and appearance.
- Our expert discusses with our patient to identify the treatment areas and fix the goals of treatment.
- Take pre-treatment photographs if it is essential.
- For low-energy PSR1 treatment, our expert gives topical anaesthetic cream before one hour the process is undertaken. For higher energy PSR treatments, the expert combines some inhalational analgesics such as Penthrox, for which the patient might use a strong topical anaesthetic cream.
Application of Plasma Skin Regeneration Treatment
Plasma Skin Regeneration (PSR) works by using a device that ionizes nitrogen gas in the air to create a plasma field. The plasma energy is directed at the skin, causing controlled thermal damage to the surface layer of the skin. This stimulates the body’s natural healing response, triggering the production of collagen and elastin fibers that help to improve the texture and firmness of the skin.
Here are some specific applications of PSR treatment:
- Wrinkle Reduction: PSR treatment can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen production and tightening the skin.
- Sun Damage: PSR can improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin by encouraging the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
- Acne Scars: PSR treatment can help to reduce the appearance of acne scars by stimulating collagen production and encouraging the growth of new skin cells.
- Uneven Skin Tone: PSR can improve the appearance of uneven skin tone by stimulating the growth of new skin cells and reducing the appearance of dark spots.
- Skin Texture: PSR can improve the texture of the skin by stimulating collagen production and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How does it Work?
Mostly, we have 3 layers in our skin: the epidermis, dermis, and subcutis. When the body ages, these 3 layers lose their flexibility and characteristic. The facial and all skin becomes loose that tend to have issues like sagging skin and wrinkles.
This plasma skin regeneration technology is used to restore its facial texture and glow back again by using plasma energy. This Portrait® PSR device works out by delivering millisecond pulses of nitrogen-based plasma inserted into the skin via a handpiece.
With that handpiece, an ultra-high-frequency (UHF) generator is connected that produces inert nitrogen gas which is then converted into ionized gas called plasma. Then the device is connected to a quartz nozzle that goes inside deep into the skin.
The energy produces a heating action that works wonders for skin smoothing and removing old photodamaged epidermal cells to enhance collagen growth.
The amount of energy delivered needs for today’s context from 1-4 Joules per pulse.
Currently, there are three suggested treatment protocols:
- PSR1 – Low-energy (1-1.2 Joules) treatments spaced three weeks apart
- PSR2 – One high-energy pass (3-4 Joules) performed in a single treatment
- PSR3 – Two high-energy passes (3-4 Joules) were performed in a single treatment.
At Soul Skin Clinic, our experts utilize these protocols to enhance the fine lines, skin tone, texture, and pigmentation of our client’s skin through a high-energy treatment.
Who is Suitable for Plasma Skin Regeneration?
Plasma skin regeneration is done for improving facial lines and wrinkles (rhytides) and skin pigmentation. But other ageing signs that require treatment include:
- Age spots.
- Skin discolouration (Hyperpigmentation).
- Early bowling.
- Loosening skin.
- Creasing on the nose and mouth.
- Wrinkling around the nose and mouth.
After the procedure, some patients experience some discomforts like:
- Pain: Some patients may experience mild to moderate pain during the PSR procedure, particularly if the treatment is being performed on a sensitive area of the skin.
- Swelling: After the treatment, some patients may experience swelling and redness in the treated area. This is a normal side effect and usually resolves within a few days.
- Itching: Some patients may experience mild to moderate itching in the treated area as the skin heals.
- Scabbing: As the skin heals after the PSR treatment, small scabs may form on the surface of the skin. These scabs are a normal part of the healing process and should not be picked or scratched.
- Sensitivity: Some patients may experience increased sensitivity in the treated area, particularly to sunlight. It is important to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and to wear sunscreen during the healing process.
- Discoloration: In some cases, PSR treatment may cause temporary discoloration of the skin in the treated area. This usually resolves within a few weeks.
Plasma skin regeneration cost here at Soul Skin Clinic is very affordable. Our expert dermatologist – Dr. Charanya, is dedicated to providing advanced PSR treatment to all of our patients. Book your appointment with us today and receive a free consultation.