Acne Treatment in Chennai
Acne vulgaris is a medical term used for “pimples”, “breakouts” or “zits”. The skin disorder affects the pilosebaceous gland which is nothing but the hair follicle and the oil gland associated with it. The excessive production of sebum or natural oil combined with the build-up of bacteria and dead cells leads to the clogging of the hair follicles. This results in redness and inflammation in the form of acne.
Facial acne is one of the most widespread skin concerns that includes breakouts on the forehead, cheek, nose, chin, jawline, and even neck. However, pimples will also appear on other areas of the body, including the arms, chest, shoulders, and back.
Acne usually occurs during the teenage phase because of puberty. However, for some of us, pimples would persist or become more severe during adulthood. So, exploring preventive tips and taking the best acne treatment in Chennai would be highly beneficial.
There are two broad types of acne vulgaris comprising inflammatory and non-inflammatory. The best dermatologist in Chennai for acne will help you identify the type of acne when you are suffering from mild, moderate, or severe forms of acne.
Generally, the dermatologist classifies acne into the following grades based on the severity, type, and extent of the distribution:
- Grade 1 – Includes whiteheads, blackheads, and a few papules.
- Grade 2 – Consists of multiple pustules and papules, aggravated whiteheads, and blackheads.
- Grade 3 – Comprises numerous pustules, papules, and inflamed nodules.
- Grade 4 – Constitutes large, multiple, and painful pustules, cysts, nodules, and abscesses.
The acne scar treatment in Chennai depends upon these common causes including internal and external factors that include:
- Hormonal Changes
- Improper skincare
- Food habits
- Pollution and hygiene
Your dermatologist will help you by determining the cause of acne and designing a personalized acne treatment in Chennai to help you overcome the issue.
The signs and symptoms may vary differ from person and person based on the type and severity of the condition. If you have acne-prone skin you can experience these symptoms that include:
- Clogged pores with transparent or white lesions
- Cysts with deep abscesses
- Painful pus-filled pimples
- Scar and pigmentation
- Redness and inflammation in the form of rashes and bumps
It is often fairly easy for the dermatologist to look at your skin and diagnose acne. It involves an examination of your face, chest, back, and other areas for sore nodules or blackheads. However, the cause, type, and severity of the acne will determine the kind of customized acne treatment in Chennai.
Our skin specialist Dr. Charanya at Soulskin Clinic have a holistic approach and is specialised to provide medico-aesthetic solutions to treat the underlying cause of acne besides helping you get visible results. The dermatologist usually suggests the following as a standalone or combination acne treatment in Chennai to make sure you get a long-lasting satisfaction.
- Topical Retinoids: Topical creams or gels are recommended because it contains retinoids in conjunction with modern procedures to reduce acne and unclog the pores effectively.
- Topical Antibiotics: For acne treatment in Chennai, the application of antibiotic creams are suggested to minimize the bacterial activity or inflammation associated with acne.
- Oral Medications: Your experienced dermatologist at Soulskin Clinic may recommend hormonal therapy to treat underlying conditions like PCOS and insulin resistance that might be triggering your acne breakouts.
Advanced Aesthetic Procedures
Sometimes, the best dermatologist in Chennai like Dr. Charanya may recommend chemical peels, comedo extraction, laser treatments, and intralesional injections combined with other modalities to give you the best results.
You can prevent spots prior to or after the acne scar treatment in Chennai by following these preventive measures which include
- Wash your face twice a day with mild face wash and warm water.
- Use sunscreen to safeguard your skin from direct sun exposure.
- Remove your makeup before sleep.
- Shampoo your hair regularly.
- Have a well-balanced and nutritious diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid using face scrubs, cleaners, or toners.
- Avoid picking or squeezing spots or pimples.
Our dermatologist – Dr. Charanya at Soulskin Clinic will do a deep analysis of your skin type and identify the extent of severity of the acne before suggesting any acne treatment in Chennai. If the acne is mild, topical medication is generally sufficient and sometimes it is combined with procedural intervention like chemical peels depending on the presenting circumstances.
Furthermore, for moderate to severe acne, oral medication will be suggested. For acne scar reduction fractional micro-needling or fractional lasers are performed at the standard laser treatment for acne scars cost in Chennai.