Sclerotherapy is a treatment that finds the issues of varicose and spider veins. It is a minimally invasive treatment where Sclerotherapy involves injecting solutions directly into the veins. It is the best treatment for smaller varicose veins. This sclerotherapy solution makes the vein scar, forcing blood to redirect through healthier veins. If you have any issues with your spider veins or varicose, then visit the Soul Skin Clinic to get the best sclerotherapy in Chennai.
Sclerotherapy is a medical procedure that acts as a better treatment option to get rid of varicose and spider veins, usually on your legs. When you are prone to varicose and spider veins and searching for the best sclerotherapy in Chennai, you can consider approaching the experts at the Soul Skin Clinic. We offer effective Sclerotherapy treatment. Our medical practitioner uses a needle to inject solutions into your varicose or spider vein. When the solutions are injected, your blood vessel lining expands, sticks together, and forms a scar. This closes down your veins and makes them look and feel better.
Who Needs to Have Sclerotherapy Treatment?
Mostly sclerotherapy in Chennai may be appropriate for people who have problems like varicose veins or spider veins.
Before the procedure, you have to meet our specialist who can help you decide if you are right to get sclerotherapy or not.
You’re not supposed to take the sclerotherapy treatment for the following cases:
- If you have active deep vein thrombosis
- If you have superficial vein thrombosis (Blood clot).
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
What Happens Before Sclerotherapy?
Before your sclerotherapy treatment, you must avoid some medications like:
Some medications that should be avoided before sclerotherapy treatment include:
- Blood thinners such as aspirin, warfarin, and heparin.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen and naproxen.
- Herbal supplements that can thin the blood, such as ginkgo biloba, garlic, and ginger.
- Certain antidepressants, such as fluoxetine and sertraline.
- Birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy, and other hormone medications.
- It is important to consult with your doctor before stopping any medications.
Also, there are some other protocols that you may need to follow, such as avoiding sun exposure, avoiding alcohol, quitting smoking, wearing loose-fitting clothing, and avoiding shaving or applying lotion to the treatment area on the day of the procedure. It’s important to consult with your doctor or healthcare provider for specific instructions and recommendations.
What Happens During Sclerotherapy?
During the treatment, you will be asked to lie down on your stomach while our expert determines the location of the vein to be treated. At Soul Skin Clinic in Chennai, our experts use ultrasound to locate the right vein for sclerotherapy treatment. The expert selects the appropriate chemical and concentration based on the size of the vein to be treated. The treatment usually lasts for 30 to 45 minutes.
Before starting, our expert will make a test injection and wait for a while to make sure that you do not have any reactions to this Sclerotherapy solution.
Here are the step-by-step guidelines followed by our expert:
- The patient lies down on their back, and the area to be treated is cleaned and sterilized.
- The expert uses ultrasound to identify the right vein to treat.
- A tiny needle is used to inject a sclerosing solution into the affected vein.
- The needle may be repositioned multiple times to treat all the necessary veins.
- Compression is applied to the treated area to prevent blood from entering the treated vein and to help the vein walls stick together.
- The patient is advised to walk around for a short period after the treatment to promote blood flow.
- The expert may recommend wearing compression stockings for a specified period to promote healing.
- The treated veins will gradually shrink and fade over time.
- Patients may need to attend follow-up appointments to monitor the results of the treatment and to determine if additional treatments are necessary.
What Happens After Sclerotherapy Treatment?
After a sclerotherapy treatment, you may experience some mild discomfort or pain at the injection site, along with redness, swelling, or bruising. These symptoms typically resolve within a few days to a week. You may also be advised to wear compression stockings or bandages for a period of time to help promote healing and prevent blood clots.
It is important to avoid vigorous exercise or activities that may increase blood flow to the treated area for a few days after the procedure. You may need to schedule follow-up appointments to monitor the progress of the treatment and determine if any additional sessions are needed.
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment for varicose and spider veins that offers numerous benefits. Here are some of the benefits of sclerotherapy:
- A non-surgical treatment involves injecting a solution into the affected vein, making it a safe and convenient option for those who don’t want to undergo surgery.
- The high success rate in treating varicose and spider veins. The procedure can improve the appearance of the veins and reduce associated symptoms.
- The treatment typically takes less than an hour, and there is no need for anesthesia or hospitalization.
- Most patients can resume their regular activities immediately after the procedure, although strenuous activities should be avoided for a few days.
- Sclerotherapy is a relatively inexpensive treatment compared to other options for varicose and spider veins.
- It can improve the appearance of unsightly veins, which can boost a patient’s self-esteem.
- The treated veins usually fade and disappear over time, providing long-lasting results.
Here are some of the risks associated with sclerotherapy:
- Allergic reactions
- Blood clots
- Skin discoloration
- Pain and discomfort
- Incomplete results
After a sclerotherapy treatment, it is important to follow some precautionary measures to ensure a smooth recovery and avoid any complications. Here are some of the precautionary measures that are recommended:
- You will be asked to wear compression stockings or support hoses after the treatment. Compression stockings help to reduce swelling, prevent blood clots and improve blood flow.
- You should avoid any strenuous physical activity such as running, weightlifting, or high-impact exercises for at least a few days after the treatment.
- Taking short walks after the treatment can help to prevent blood clots and improve circulation.
- Elevating your legs above the heart level can help to reduce swelling and improve circulation.
- Avoid hot baths or saunas for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid exposing the treated area to direct sunlight for at least a few weeks after the treatment.
- It is important to follow all the instructions given by the doctor or the healthcare provider to ensure a smooth recovery and avoid any complications.
The cost of sclerotherapy treatment in Chennai may vary at our clinic. However, at Soul Skin Clinic, our expert dermatologist – Dr. Charanya is well-versed in offering the most affordable and best sclerotherapy treatment in Chennai, which can effectively address spider veins or varicose issues.